Naperville’s Energy Efficiency Grant Program. They can get measures i.e. air sealing , ventilation and insulation @ $ 1 per Sq foot to a max of $ 3000.00.
Renewable Energy Program contributions are the source of funding for these rebates.
The Naperville Renewable Energy Program was established in 2004 as a way for Naperville Electric Utility customers to purchase renewable energy from renewable energy resources in Illinois. The program expanded in 2012 to also fund renewable energy projects in Naperville for non-residential customers in the form of grants.
When you enroll, Naperville purchases Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs), which means that electrons generated by renewable energy sources, such as wind turbines and solar arrays, are delivered to the local electric grid, so less fossil fuels are used. The current program is comprised of 99% wind energy and 1% solar energy, generated entirely within the State of Illinois.
In addition to purchasing RECS, the program also provides funding for renewable energy projects in Naperville.
The goals of the grant program are:
1. To increase or create opportunities for our community to learn about renewable solutions:
2. To support grant projects that measurably increase renewable energy usage and displace fossil fuels; and,
3. To support renewable energy grant projects that can be replicated.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
An additional charge of as little as $5.00 to your monthly electric utility bill covers the added expense of delivering clean, renewable energy to the electric grid and will support funding renewable energy projects in Naperville. You will have the same reliable electric service that you always receive.
To participate, click on this Help Center link. Once you are in the Help Center, click the Submit a Request button and fill out the Renewable Energy Program registration form.
If you need assistance finding your utility account number, please click on the Example Utility Bill. For additional information, call the Finance Department at (630) 420-6059.
JOIN THE PROGRAM TODAY
Click on this link to join the Renewable Energy Program.
Naperville’s Energy Efficiency Grant Program ( Weatherization )
RESIDENTIAL ENERGY EFFICIENCY REBATES
The City of Naperville Electric Utility is offering rebates for homeowners who install energy-efficient attic insulation and windows.
• To qualify for the rebate, applicants must be residential Naperville Electric Utility customers who own or rent their residence.
• Improvements must be purchased and installed after March 18, 2020.
• The rebates are limited to 50% of the project, including material and installation, with a $3,000 maximum rebate for each energy-efficient improvement.
• Customers could qualify for a maximum rebate of $6,000 if they installed both attic insulation and energy-efficient windows.
• Rebates will end when all funding is allocated.
• Applicants must provide a copy of their current utility bill showing they are a contributor to the Renewable Energy Program at the $5 per month level or above.
• Renewable Energy Program contributions are the source of funding for these rebates. For more information and to sign up for the program, visit www.naperville.il.us/renewable