There are many options to choose from when deciding which kind of insulation you are going to use in your home. One popular choice is spray foam insulation. This type of insulation is sprayed into the area in need of insulating. After the insulation is sprayed in, it expands to fill the space. There are many wonderful benefits to spray foam insulation. We are going to discuss a few below.
- Air sealing – Because spray foam insulation expands after it is sprayed, it is able to fill in gaps and holes that otherwise may not get filled. This allows for excellent air sealing that prevents air, moisture and pests from entering your home.
- R value – Spray foam insulation has a high R value of 4 or 5.
- Outdoor use – Spray foam insulation is excellent for outdoor use because it stands up against the elements well and repels water.
- Saves energy – Spray foam insulation helps to keep your air-conditioned air inside during the summer and your heated air inside during the winter. This helps to save you money on your energy bill.
- Added to existing walls – Spray foam insulation can be added to your existing walls without having to rip the drywall down. A small hole can be made in the drywall where the nozzle of the sprayer can be inserted to spray the foam into place. The spray foam will then expand to fill the space.
Here at ARC Insulation, we know the value and benefits of spray foam insulation. Give us a call today if you have any questions, or if you would like to schedule your insulation installation.