There are a lot of myths or misconceptions out there about mold removal, and it can actually be harmful to your home and your health to believe them. That’s why we’re going to debunk these myths to keep you and your home safe. Here are the top three myths about mold removal that we will debunk for you.
- Household cleaners and DIY solutions will kill the mold: This is highly inaccurate. Sure, some household cleaners will appear to kill the mold, but that will only be the top layer, leaving the mold underneath to still continue growing and spreading mold spores through your home. In fact, bleach can even worsen the mold issue. Effective mold removal requires specialized chemicals and professional equipment to eliminate the mold entirely and prevent its return.
- The mold will die off on its own if you simply clear out the water: This isn’t necessarily true because residual moisture could still be hiding in cracks in the wall, under the carpet, in the insulation, etc. Even the slightest bit of moisture could be enough to continue feeding the mold, and the mold will never really just go away on its own. Mold removal is a proactive process that requires chemicals, equipment, and action.
- It’s fine to handle the mold on your own: It is definitely not safe to handle the mold removal on your own. If done without the necessary safety measures, you could end up releasing mold spores into the air, affecting the air quality and risking the respiratory health of you and your loved ones. A professional will be well-equipped to implement proper safety measures and remove the mold safely and effectively.